Sunday, April 10, 2011

E-Dunc Watches Lost for the First Time: Part V

(Post 1) (Post 2) (Post 3) (Post 4)

Season 3: Episode 1Episode 16




I’m upset.

First off, The Others are dicks. It drives me nuts that they cannot comprehend why Jack and crew won’t just take their word for things. Well, it probably has something to do with all the lying you’re doing.

Oh, and killing Mr. Echo. REALLY?! You introduce the most badass character on television, and then kill him off without even giving him a full season. REALLY?!

I’m upset!

Confusion Rating:    5/5
So, where the hell is Michael and Walt? They left with that boat and we haven’t see them since. And a magic box that just has whatever you want in it? Um, what?

Intrigue Rating:      6/5
Did you read that last paragraph? How can you not be intrigued by what’s going on?

In-Tune Rating:    2/5
Even the in-episode predictions are starting to slip and my success rate for long-term predictions was worse than Butler’s shoot percentage in the National Championship (ok, not THAT bad, but you get the point).

Enjoyment Rating:    5/5
Despite how angry I am. I don’t know that this section can be topped in terms of enjoyment. But the theme of this post is, “How many times I’ve been wrong,” so …

Lost Rating:        18/20

Nailed It
The big twists that I nailed in this section.

The Others are not the Dharma Initiative
So, it’s still not clear who they are, but I think it’s pretty safe to say that they are NOT the Dharma Initiative. Now we just need to figure out what this “sickness” Russo was talking about is.

The Others didn’t put a pacemaker into Sawyer
I may not be a doctor but a pacemaker traditionally leaves a huge scar on your chest. Sawyer’s Matthew-McConaughey-esk chest was unmarred. Plus, I don’t think a pacemaker works the way they said it did.

Blind Sided
Things I just didn’t see coming.

Mr. Echo dies
I don’t want to talk about it. You know how upset this made me.

The Others have a town
Really? A town? Why are you even bothering Jack and crew? Oh, and they have a zoo? I’m waiting for them to reveal the amusement park.

Jack’s dad is Clare’s dad
I figured her dad wasn’t actually dead, but I had no clue that it would be Jack’s dad. The writers gave us an opportunity to get this in Ana’s flashback but, come on, anyone who says that they thought of that then is lying.

Crazy/Interesting Observations

The messages in the brainwashing video
I gave it a pause. Here’s what they say:
“Plant a good seed and you will
joyfully gather fruit.”
“Everything changes”
“We are the causes of our own suffering”
“God loves you as He loved Jacob”
“Think about”
“your life”

Shocking Cameo
Did you spot Mac from It’s Always Sunny? He’s the guard in front of the building where they are brainwashing Alex’s boyfriend.

Predictions

Juliet turns on The Others
What we learned from Juliet’s back story is that she could be the best-hearted person on the entire island, but she’s been beaten down since she arrived. I think spending time with our intrepid heroes will bring back the sweet, annoying Juliet.

Jin is not the father of Sun’s baby
If there’s no conflict between these two, they’re essentially worthless characters. But we have to keep them on the Island, because they are the only non-white people left (although allegedly Rose is still around somewhere).

Power Rankings

 

No comments:

Post a Comment