Wednesday, March 30, 2011

E-Dunc Watches Lost for the First Time: Part IV

(Post 1) (Post 2) (Post 3)

Season 2: Episode 15Episode 24



Well, just when I thought we were expanding  we immediately turned around and kill off two of the new additions. The good news? No more Michelle Rodriguez stomping around the island squinting at things. The better news? Mr. Echo is still around. So I feel like we made out in this exchange.

Confusion Rating:    5/5
Um, okay. I don’t know where to begin. So The Others are the Dharma Initiative? Or did they just run them out of town and steal their stuff? Ethan also seems like a pretty decent dude, minus the whole “going to kill Claire” thing. I literally don’t know what to think.

Intrigue Rating:      5/5
With this confusion comes near giddiness over the direction they’re going to take. And given the greatness of the beginning of Season 2, I can’t wait to see what completely random beginning we have in store for Season 3.

In-Tune Rating:    3/5
Again, doing pretty well in-episode but still the long-term predictions seem to be getting worse. I’m going to refocus here and hopefully do a better job in Season 3.

Enjoyment Rating:    4/5
I’m really enjoying this but I want to make sure I leave room for the rating to move. Plus, I’ve been told by a couple folks that Season 3 is probably the best season.

Lost Rating:        17/20

Nailed It
The big twists that I nailed in this section.

Henry was one of The Others
I know this was somewhat obvious but I’m taking victories where I can, alright. I just can’t believe that everyone fell for all his mind games. Seriously, he was messing with people’s minds in such an obvious way that I couldn’t believe they were even speaking to him.

Michael made a deal with The Others
I thought this was obvious because there is absolutely no way Michael could make it out of the jungle by himself. And there was certainly no way that it went down the way he said it did. Oh yeah, and he could be the worst liar on the island.

Blind Sided
Things I just didn’t see coming.

Dave didn’t exist
This didn’t even occur to me. I don’t know why. The amount of times I’ve seen Fight Club, you would think it was something on the forefront of my mind. But there I was at the end of Episode 18 banging my fist into my head saying, “Stupid! Stupid!”

Libby was a patient with Hurley
Another one of those things that I’m not sure I could have seen coming but this blindsided me. I like it but with Libby dead, how are they going to explain this? NOTE: I will be super pissed if they never explain how she got there/got sane.

Henry in charge of The Others
I figured that he was one of The Others but the leader? Didn’t see that coming. In retrospect it makes sense. But hindsight is 20/20.

Crazy/Interesting Observations

The numbers on Claire’s injections
Did you notice the numbers on Claire’s injections? Well, they were 4-8-15-16-23-42. Yeah, they’re everywhere.

Fall Theory Update
You remember my Fall Theory, right? Whenever someone on the Island falls down, they discover something crucial to moving the plot. Anyway, we had another sighting of it in this block: Hurley falls in the woods and finds Dave’s slipper.

Predictions

The Others want Jack, Sawyer, and Kate
I’m not sure why they want them, but my current theory is that they are the strongest on the Island and therefore have the best chance at surviving. Since that seems to be The Other’s ultimate goal, I think they see these three as being able to help them the most (although, why they wouldn’t want Sayid and Echo is beyond me).

Desmond, Locke and Echo survived the blast
There’s no way they’re killing Locke and Mr. Echo was with him when the Hatch blew, so he can’t die. Desmond is another story but the ominous “See you in another life, brother!” tells me he’s coming back.

Power Rankings

No comments:

Post a Comment